Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Letter to my cousin by Wendy


Dear cousin Tazmyn,

How are you? I am great because I visited the Auckland zoo with my class on Tuesday 28th November.

We went by bus with Room 19 and parent helpers. I was so glad that mummy could come with us. Mum’s team and Rangi’s team explored the zoo together. First we went to pride land and there we saw a giraffe. The giraffe had an amazing long head. It was a terrific animal.
Then we saw the flamingoes. The flamingoes were the skinniest out of all of the animals in the zoo. They were striking birds.
We noticed that the beautiful rhino was looking at us. It was grey and enormous.
We spied an Indian hut that Awhina and Latisha tried to push me into but I ran away.
We gazed at the aquarium. The aquarium was fun because my mum saw a fish just like nemo.
I enjoyed the discussion in the Rakau room. My best experience was touching the blue-tongued skink. It had a hard a scaly covering and was an amazing creature.

Looking forward to seeing you on Christmas Day.

Your favourite cousin

Wendy
Room 12 2006

No comments: