Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Friday, February 13, 2009

Recount: A Visit to the Dentist

During the holidays my mum and I went to the dentist. We went there to put fillings in the holes in my teeth. It was pouring down with rain when we set off in the car.

When we arrived at the dentist I felt scared because of the drill that was put in my mouth. Then I was told it was my turn. When we went in I had to lay on a bed. I also put a pair of sunglasses on so I didn't get the light in my eyes. Next I opened my mouth wide so she could have a look in my mouth. First she told me she was going to get my tooth to go to sleep. She also got some buds and blue liquid stuff. She put the buds in my mouth and told me to squeeze it with my teeth and so I did.
After that I looked in the mirror to see my fillings.

Finally we were home and my little cousin was desperate to see my filling. My tooth felt much better after the dentist. My mum was proud that I was brave. Also I did not cry when it came to the drill. Now I am relieved that it's over and done with.

Written by Te Kawehau

No comments: