Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Season's Greetings 2008

Wednesday 17th December 2008



We have made it safely to the end of the term and school year - woohoo!!!
Reflecting back on 2008, I give thanks to the numerous challenges I faced this year which has made me a stronger and better person. THANKS to all my colleagues and friends who have offered comfort and advice during my difficult times and who have been patient and understanding. I was challenged with ill health from the beginning of the year resulting in three new medical conditions which I am receiving treatment for.

This year, I was inspired by my student’s ability in setting and achieving their goals as well as learning to make good choices. I decided to set a goal for myself which was to make good choices about the foods I eat and to exercise regularly. To date I have lost 18kg! I have a long way to go but I now feel better than I did in 42 years!!

I shall be flying off to South Africa (alone) the day after Christmas especially to spend time with my Mum who has not been well this year.
Whatever you decide to do over the holidays, be safe, be happy and do something special for yourself.
May the love, joy and peace of the festive season remain with you throughout the New Year. Looking forward to another wonderful year at Kelvin Road School in 2009.

Happy holidays :)

Kind Regards,
Kree Raman
Room 8 Teacher
Kelvin Road School
Auckland, NZ

No comments: