Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Tangi (Funeral) by Ngaio ~ Year 3

Last year my dad's mum died at the hospital while she was having a smoke. We were all in her room at the hospital. She was in Room 42. While she was having her smoke, she just collapsed on the floor. My dad was the first to see her lying on the floor. We were all devastated but we said she has gone to a special place now. She died at 1:30pm and at 4:00pm we buried her at Waimanna. My dad said good things about her and that she was a good mother to him. Then we went to the Marae to have a feed. That was a sad day for me and my whole family.


by Ngaio ~ Year 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A sad day indeed , Ngaio --- it is wise to never start smoking.
Mr Robertson