Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Whanau Evening Recount by Britelle - Year 3







On Thursday 8th November, Kelvin Road School had a Whanau Evening at 4pm - 7pm. The PTA was raising funds so we can upgrade our school.

Room 12 made a delicious Boil-up. Some parent helpers came to help. In our boil-up we had vegetables, meat and watercress. Destiny, Rahera and I sliced the cabbage. Some boys and girls scraped the carrot's skins off. There were dough-boys in the boil-up. After we cooked the boil-up we went back to class and we had developmental. It was nearly hometime so we packed up, went home, got changed and then came back to school at 4pm.

At 4pm the Whanau Evening started. There was popcorn, ice blocks, drinks, lucky dip, games, sausage sizzle, boil-up and a darts game. The coolest thing of all was the Kapahaka that was so amazing and great. To watch the Kapahaka, you needed two tickets. I saw it twice. When the boys were stomping their feet it was going bang, bang! I was eating my popcorn as well as watching the Kapahaka.

It was great fun, amazing and cool. I liked it so much at the Whanau Evening. I really enjoyed myself.


by Britelle ~ Year 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the whanau evening great?
Awesome work Britelle !!!

Mr Robertson