Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Friday, September 05, 2008

In Loving Memory of our School Secretary


Dear Mrs Goodridge,
We are deeply saddened by your passing away on Tuesday 2nd September. We remember you as a kind and lovely lady who always had a smile and was ever helpful. We will miss you. May your soul rest in heaven's peace.

"Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death."



Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
I’m following the path God has laid you see.
I took His hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savored much
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
God wanted me now; He set me free.
[Butterfly Memorial Poems]


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
[Mary Frye, 1932]



Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Whatever we were to each, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be the household word it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was;
there is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of your mind
because I am out of your sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near just around the corner...
All is well. Nothing is past, nothing is lost.

One brief moment and all will be as it was before,
only better, infinitely happier
and forever we will be one together.
[Henry Scott Holland]


What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.
[Richard Bach]


RIP
Kree Raman & Room 8 Coolkids

2 comments:

Mrs. K Smith said...

Thank you Mrs Raman and Room 8 for remembering our dear secretary in such a beautiful way. The poems are very heart warming. Mrs Mellissa Goodridge is gone but not forgotten.Thanks for the brief privilege of knowing a stunning lady!

Mrs K Smith Room 16 KRS.

Mrs. K Smith said...

Thank you Mrs Raman and Room 8 for remembering our dear secretary in such a beautiful way. The poems are very heart warming. Mrs Mellissa Goodridge is gone but not forgotten.Thanks for the brief privilege of knowing a stunning lady!

Mrs K Smith Room 16 KRS.