Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Monday, September 22, 2008

Persuasive Writing - Changing Seats

Do you think children should sit where the teacher says? I do. I think children should sit where the teacher puts them because if they sit anywhere they will just talk to their friends. If the teacher decides where to put them some clever children can help the ones that need help at their table. If everyone sits anywhere, it will be noisy in class. We should sit where the teacher says because there will be one or two clever children at each table. There will be one person from each reading group on the table. If the teacher decides where we sit, she makes mixed groups; like one person from the red group, yellow group, blue group, green group and orange group.
I think children should sit where the teacher puts them.


By Ariana Castles (Room 8)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this paragraph. I like it because your idea supports my belief that seating charts are good for classrooms. I am a student teacher at a high school in Oregon. One of the first things I learned to do when I started student teaching was to set up a seating chart. The students don't like it, but it really helps them to pay attention in class. Thank you for sharing your opinion. Sincerely, Katrina