Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Friday, August 22, 2008

Birthday Party



Have you ever been to a birthday party? In the holidays I went up North for my uncle’s birthday. He went up to Kaikowe to get his key. My dad was jealous about the key. I was upset because my sister had $40 and I only had $30. I grabbed some drinks from our cupboard for the party. When the bbq was cooked my uncle gave a speech. It started to rain so we played in the rain. We slipped in the mud so we got a hiding from my uncle because we got dirty. He was angry because we spoiled his party. The adults were drinking and dancing. They smashed bottles on the road because they were drunk. There was yummy food at the party. My papa and uncles cooked the kai. They made chicken, stuffing, salads, pizza, fish and chips. The children had ice-cream and a lolly-scramble. I grabbed the lolly-pops. Everyone was singing Maori songs. Everybody was happy and having fun. It was the best birthday party I have ever been to.

Speech by Nikita

No comments: