Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My favourite places in the world



Do you have a favourite place? My favourite places are the pools, Thames, school but mostly Up North. Going to the pools is exciting because I can go everyday after school and Saturdays. But what I really like is to go Up North all of the time – the only problem is the weekend is too short. We usually go Up North at Christmas time and stay there until the holiday is over. When we go up north it is awesome. We have to get up really early every morning to go to the beach. Then we would go again at twelve o’clock in the afternoon. Swimming in the beach is wonderful. I like it when we go every day because afterwards we would go to the shop and buy a drink and fish and chips. My dad gives us drinks when we get puffed out from all that swimming. Imagine going to the beach every single day – it is fantastic. We stay at our three story house when we are up there. I like it when we have beef for dinner. I also like it because we don’t have to do the dishes. I love to sleep on the floor and I don’t mind a sore back when I wake up the next morning.
When we play outside it is fun to go down the big hill. You need to have a piece of cardboard to slide on down the hill.
It is a wonderful feeling that makes me so happy. My cousins enjoy it too especially when we go down the hill really fast.
Sometimes we hop into a box and roll down the hill. If you’re going Up North you must book a three story house and don’t go on the weekend because it is too short. The best time for an amazing holiday in my favourite place is during the December holidays. You will have heaps of time to play, relax and you will never be bored Up North.

Speech by Tia

No comments: