Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Character is Power



Do you know what character is? Character is a very powerful thing. Character is power. A person who has character has virtues.
If you want to have character you have to do the right thing.
If you don’t have character you would not like or bother doing
the right thing. Those people who murder do not have powerful character. If you have character you are a good role model. If you are a good role model you have virtues like respect and good citizenship. I believe that good things will happen to good people. If you hurt someone it will come back to you just like a boomerang. Having good character is the same as integrity. Character is really important to have. If you have character you will have love and kindness to show to others and they would show love and kindness back to you. If you want to be happy you have to build your character. You have to be brave and stand up tall and not be scared. You need to be a leader for the people. Some children who have character will remember their values for their entire life. If you don’t have character you will not treat people with respect and you will not have many friends. If you don’t have friends you will be a sad and lonely person. Be good and good things will happen to you. It is amazing how my teacher changed my behavior by teaching us the values like self-discipline, responsibility and integrity. By learning the values I am able to change my character. Now I am able to show integrity when I do what I think is right. I show self-discipline when I accept that things do not always go my way. I show responsibility when I take care of things that belong to me. I believe that character is power – that is why I have changed my behaviour. It’s simple – always do the right thing and you will have good character.
It feels good to do the right thing.

Speech by Joseph
Senior School Speech Finalist
21/08/08

1 comment:

Moturoa said...

It sounds like you will grow and learn to be the best kind of person that you can be.

What a great life you will have.

Allanah K

ICT Facilitator

Discover IT Tasman