Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why I want to be a Farmer



Do you want to be a farmer? I want to be a farmer because I like to shear sheep and wake up early to feed the roosters. Farming is a big job. I could walk up steep hills with my dogs. Farming is cool because you can gather up the cows and feed the pigs everyday. I would watch the animals eat their food everyday. If I was a farmer I would always feed the animals myself. When I become a farmer I would like to live near a famous person. I would love to walk around the farm and sing songs or I will take my dogs with me and they can run around. I want to be a farmer because I could look after animals and collect the eggs. Farmers have to know everything about farming. Some farmers take sticks so the dogs do not fight. Many farmers have to gather the animals twice a day. When I’m a farmer I will have to take good care of every animal. On farms there is lots of mud so it is gooey and your shoe gets stuck when you step in the mud. Some farmers get up at five in the morning to go on the farm. My favourite animals are cows, roosters, chickens, dogs, pigs and horses. If a farmer does not feed the animals, the animals would die and the farmer won’t be happy. Animals on the farm have babies in spring. This makes the farmers happy. Some farmers have nice houses with a lot of animals.
It is my dream to be a farmer when I grow up.

Speech by Iesha

No comments: