Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Monday, August 25, 2008

My favourite place for a Holiday




Have you had the best holiday ever? My favourite place for a holiday is when I go to my dad who lives in Taupo. It is a long to drive to Taupo from Auckland. Taupo is a big town near Rotorua. It is cool to play in the snow there. I love to go skiing with my dad. I like the snow because it feels lovely on my hands. It is freezing cold in the snow. I play games with my brother at my dad’s house. I go to the mountains with my family. You have to be careful because you can fall off the mountain. Sometimes we go out camping and fishing. We make a fire to cook the fish over it. At night we watch the stars twinkling in the sky. We talk about scary things until I fall asleep. In the morning we climb the trees and jump into the river. We take a swim in the river. Then we go kayaking at the beach. Sometimes we fall into the water. I can’t wait for the next school holiday. I always have the best holidays at Taupo.


Speech by Davyd

No comments: