Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Monday, August 25, 2008

Math is Fun




Do you like maths? I like maths because it helps you at the supermarket so you know how much it will cost when you shop. You will know how much your groceries cost and if you don’t have enough you can put something back. Math is good for you because it can make you brainy and you can count to 1000 or even more. Math helps kids get better scores when they do their basic facts test. Math is good because you can get better at your plusses. Math helps you with your counting, take-aways, timetables, plusses and your divide-bys. Maths is cool because you can get better at your timetables and division. Math helps little kids by counting up to ten or more. Math can help little kids with plusses like 1+1, 2+2 and 3+3. Math is fun because you can play math board games and other online math games. You can learn how to count in 6, 7, 8 and 9s. Math helps mums and dads count up all their money they earned from their jobs. Math is important for big people too because they need to know how much to spend on their children, food, clothing and the house. I like math because it challenges my brains. When I play the tables-game I always try to beat my score and the time limit. I like learning about big numbers in the thousands. If I am good at math nobody will be able to cheat me. If you bake a cake, you use your maths to measure the ingredients. You learn about time shapes and patterns too. Numbers are all around us. I love math because it is fun.


Speech by Ariana

No comments: