Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friends




Do you have friends? My best friend’s name is Shalom. She lives down my street. She always picks me up to play with her. We play hand-games or elastics. I tell her to get her skipping rope from her house but she doesn’t listen to me. When she goes home I go home and play elastics using the chairs. Sometimes when she doesn’t want to play I go and pick my cousin Edna up to play outside with me. When it is lunchtime we have our lunch. Then we clean up and I get a bit tired so I hop into my bed and put my blanket over me and go to sleep. One day I went out to play with my friend and my mum told me to come back home before dark. I didn’t listen and I went out on our street to play. I got lost and I didn’t know the way back to my house. Lucky my mum found me with my cousins in another street. I have fun playing with my friends. If you have good friends you will never be lonely. Remember, if you want to have friends, you have to be friendly.

Speech by Kassidy

No comments: