Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Smoking Kills




If you smoke quit, and if you don’t smoke don’t start because smoking is a very bad thing. Smoking causes lung-cancer, crib-death and neck-cancer. Crib-death happens when you are pregnant and you smoke. Smoking can kill you. If anyone in your family smokes tell them to stop because you wouldn’t like them to die. My mum smokes and I tell her to stop smoking because it causes her to die. Tell your mum and dad never to smoke again. Whenever your parents smoke remind them that smoking causes lung cancer. It causes other bad illnesses too. Some smokers try to quit so they can have a happy life. Tobacco can be poisonous. People like smoking but it is very bad. Have you seen the cigarette boxes? Well that could happen to you if you smoke. Smoking is yucky. When people smoke I walk away because I don’t like smoke. When they blow the smoke out I can breathe it in and I don’t like that. When I grow up I am never going to smoke because I don’t want to die. Now you know what will happen when you smoke. People you should never ever smoke because you don’t want to die. If you smoke quit and if you don’t smoke, please don’t start .

Speech by Zane Sharp

No comments: