Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Speech: My favourite sport by Jyris

I like soccer because you can tackle the ball, dribble the ball, score goals and kick the ball as far as you can. The rules are to not hand ball it. Don't be in front of the goalie when your team is passing, no pushing other players. The best thing I like to do is to dribble the ball around the players so they don't take the ball off you. You can take free kicks and kick the ball as far as you can. You can take corner kicks goalie kicks. Only the goalie can hand ball the ball in the square. You cannot do off-sides when the other person is attacking the ball of you and then you pass it. If you want to be in a soccer game, you need to have some shorts, some shin pads and some soccer boots. When all of the soccer games are finished you might get a trophy or a medal. When the goalie is in the square and the ball is out of the square and it could be a free kick all I like to do is to run up the side and score a goal so my team can win. This year we played in the KRS world cup. We won three games and we drew one and one another game. This year I won two medals. One was bronze and the other one was gold and it says player of the tournament. When I grow taller and taller I am going to be like David Beckham so people can write about me an I can be on magazines, news papers and books. Soccer is one of my favourite sports ever. When my playing career ends I am going to be a coach, for New Zealand’s White Socks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You seem like a good soccer player. In Colorado we have soccer, basketball, football (american type) and baseball. They are all fun sports. We work hard and play hard like you.