Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School

Kahikatea Tree at Papakura South School
Martha-Lee and Madeline

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Speech: My favourite sport by Marino

Do you have a favourite sport to play? My favourite sport to play is rugby.

I play for my team on Saturdays at 9.45.

I love the home games because afterwards we can get some food.

I am also very good at soccer and I played for my class in the Kelvin Road School soccer world cup tournament.

I was the player of the day many times.

We were the winners of the Plate finals.

But Rugby is my favourite sport.

I like to play rugby in the rain because we can get wet so we can slip and slide around the field with the ball and score a try.

My team has one more game to play. I cannot wait to give it all I’ve got.

We can win, I know we can.

Saturday 22nd August is the last game of the season so we have to win.

You can come and support us on a Saturday.

We train on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4.30 depending on the weather.

If it rains we can’t play or train because the fields will be to wet so training will be cancelled.

My dad takes me to training and to the games. He likes watching me play and our team members play also.

Dad always tells me how proud he is of me. I know Mrs Raman is also proud of me.

When I won a player of the day certificate, my teacher also gave me a certificate at assembly.

Rugby is a cool way to meet new friends and to meet other people in our team.

I love rugby so I play my heart out. Rugby is my favourite sport.

My dream is to play for the All Blacks when I grow up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite game use to be football (american), but it is getting a little too self centered. I like my job and the work I do, the people I meet, and the help I try to give. That makes it all worth while. I hope that you can help too!